Lakewood Auto Accident Attorney – James L. Finegan
Toll Free: 888-980-5511
Lakewood & Denver Attorney James L. Finegan has over 35 years of legal experience helping clients in all types of cases with personal attention and care. He is admitted to practice in Colorado state and federal courts, as well as in New York.
A tenacious advocate and litigator, Mr. Finegan represented the prevailing party in Schlitters v. State , 787 P.2d 656 (Colo. Ct. App. 1989). In that case, Mr. Finegan’s client sued the state and the highway department for negligent design, construction, maintenance, and improvement of a piece of a highway where a boulder hit the client’s car. The trial court dismissed the case, but Mr. Finegan’s appeal resulted in the Colorado Court of Appeals overturning that decision, and holding that a motorist was allowed to sue the government for dangerous conditions on a highway. This ruling represented a major shift in the law in favor of private citizens due to Mr. Finegan’s advocacy skills.
Mr. Finegan is a graduate of the University of Denver College of Law, and serves as a member of the American Bar Association, the Colorado Bar Association, and other organizations.
Areas of Practice
- Motor Vehicle Accidents — Plaintiff
- Personal Injury — Plaintiff
- Wrongful Death — Plaintiff
- Serious Catastrophic Injuries — Plaintiff
- 100% of Practice Devoted to Litigation
- Colorado, 1980
- New York, 1992
- U.S. District Court District of Colorado, 1980
- U.S. Court of Appeals 10th Circuit, 1981
- U.S. Supreme Court, 2008
- University of Denver College of Law, Denver, Colorado
- J.D. – 1979
- University of Denver, Denver, Colorado
- M.A. – 1976
- Rochester Institute of Technology, Rochester, New York
- B.F.A. – 1974
Professional Associations and Memberships
- American Bar Association, Member, Tort, Insurance and Litigation Sections
- American Association for Justice, formerly the Association of Trial Lawyers of America, Member, Motor Vehicle and Workers Compensation Sections
- Colorado Bar Association, Member, Litigation, Workers Compensation and Criminal Law Sections
- Colorado Trial Lawyers Association, Member
- First Judicial District Bar Association, Member
- New York State Bar Association, Member
Trust A Firm With Experience
For more than three decades, people in Denver, Colorado, and communities throughout the Front Range region have turned to the law offices of James L. Finegan, P.C., when they are facing tough legal battles. Our personal injury attorney assists those who have been injured through negligence.
We understand that a legal battle can be a daunting experience, which is why our firm is here to guide you through the process and vigorously defend and protect your rights. Call us at 303-980-5511 to discuss how a Lakewood attorney can help you move forward.
Protecting Your Personal Injury Rights
Under the direction of attorney James Finegan, we have helped thousands of people obtain full and fair compensation for injuries and fatalities due to negligence. Our firm understands how a personal injury can affect your life and the lives of your family, which is why we take the time to speak to our clients, listen to their concerns and treat everyone who comes to our office with dignity and respect. We know how to handle serious injuries, especially those involving vehicle accidents and injuries sustained due to improper care of personal property. We handle difficult cases, including those involving children and wrongful death suits.
We provide a free consultation and case evaluation for all of our clients. Get in touch to schedule your appointment without worrying about making a commitment. If you are coming to us with a personal injury case, we work on a contingency fee basis which means there are no attorney fees if you don’t win in a settlement or trial. Call 303-980-5511 or toll free 888-980-5511 to get in touch with an experienced lawyer today.